Monday, January 21, 2008

Are we sensing a theme here at all?

One of the presents I received for Christmas this year was this...


I don't know how Amanda did it, but she managed to find me a Luke's coffee cup, which would have to be the perfect gift for a 'Gilmore Girls' fan like myself.

It's probably not obvious from the photo, but this cup is huge! It easily holds 500 ml of coffee, and you definitely need to hold it with two hands.

But that wasn't all.

When I opened my brother's Christmas present to me, this is what I found...


Yes, it's an equally large tea cup.

Are we sensing a theme here at all?

I do love these over-sized cups though, as they remind me of my Dad -- when we were little, my Mum got tired of constantly refilling his tea cup after dinner, and solved the problem by finding a huge 'Father' tea cup for him, which was capable of holding a whole pot's worth of tea in one go.

The other Christmas present I just have to share with everyone is this one...


My whole family loves seeing the photos of Twinkie on Donna's blog, and reading about her adventures, so Michael couldn't resist a calendar which promises us a year of her super-cute relatives...


And just in case anyone is wondering what happened with the 'Henry' scarf I was knitting for my brother for Christmas...

Well, life got in the way once again, and I missed the deadline...


As you can see, it's almost done now (Finally!), and fortunately my brother has been very understanding about the delay. I've actually worked a few more rows since I took this photo, so the end truly is in sight at last.

Much as I love the look of this scarf, it's been a really slow project to knit, due to both the fine yarn and the denseness of the woven transverse herringbone stitch pattern. The yarn I'm using also has an annoying tendency to split, which has slowed things down even more. Despite all this, I will knit this pattern again as I really do love the way it looks.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:43 pm, January 21, 2008, Blogger Lynne said...

I think the pattern looks great too.

Love both your cups and the calendar is very cute.

http://2hot2knit.blogspot.com

 
At 8:05 am, January 22, 2008, Blogger 2paw said...

A Luke's Cup?? Oh I am so envious, how wonderful. I love GG!! Very cute bunnies!!! Have you seen the new slimmer Twink??? That scarf is fabulous, so dense and the pattern is beautiful. Looks like No Wind will ever get through that!!

 
At 10:41 am, January 31, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

The scarf is fabulous! And I promise I'll do more pictures of Custard now that I know you appreciate lop bunnies :)

 
At 8:47 am, March 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 'Henry' looks great. How are you finding the texture of the scarf? I tried it, was happy with how it looked, but felt the texture was all wrong. It was not going to be able to be scrunched up as I often do with a scarf. I ripped it.

 
At 1:30 pm, November 07, 2008, Blogger Sue said...

The scarf is fabulous! I'm a huge GG fan - there are sites that you can buy merchandise from, including the Knit or Go Home shirt Lorelai was wearing in the knit-a-thon episode. I'm planning on snaffling one once the dollar becomes more reasonable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home