Monday, April 02, 2007

Gathering together some information for that New Zealand holiday

Planning for my New Zealand trip really hasn't advanced much further, but thanks to Jussi, I discovered this...


... which should help ensure that when we do go I won't miss out on any fabulous little local yarn stores. It took a bit of searching, but I eventually stumbled upon the New Zealand Books Abroad website, which was actually willing to ship a copy of this book to Australia. Woohoo! :)

Michael has also suggested that it might be nice to co-ordinate our trip with one of the Great New Zealand Craft Shows dates. So basically I still haven't even narrowed down whether we will be going to the north or south island yet, as if we want to visit one of the craft shows the dates we are able to travel will be a big factor in the decision if we are going to do this.

Michael actually went along to one of their Christchurch shows many years ago, and was very impressed with what he saw, which is why he made the suggestion. He brought home this pair of beautiful, handpainted mugs from that show...


There was a card with the artist's details, but that appears to have been filed away somewhere safely, and neither of us can remember the artist's name now. The only clue I have is this...


The letters 'TW', which appear on the handles of both mugs. If anyone can enlighten me as to the identity of the artist I will gladly share it with everyone.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:39 pm, April 02, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

I have a barely used map of Auckland you can have ;) Check out the yarn store in Davenport - it's lovely. Can't help with anything else, didn't get to see much...

 
At 10:42 pm, April 02, 2007, Blogger Vanessa M said...

The Arts Centre in Christchurch is a must-visit. It has a yarn store with lots of beautiful hand-dyed yanrs, mostly sold as scarf kits. Some lovely hand-dyed boucles and laceweights there. I used some to knit Lou a scarf.

I'm coming to Sydney in a few weeks! We can talk NZ then if you like. I'll give you a call :)

 
At 11:33 pm, April 10, 2007, Blogger aveline said...

what a fantastic idea for a book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home