Saturday, January 13, 2007

Victorian Lace Today

Those of you with long memories may remember me mentioning in an earlier posting how much I was looking forward to the publication of Jane Sowerby's 'Victorian Lace Today'...


Well, the good news -- for me! :) -- is that I now have my very own copy of the book! And the even better news is that the book is every bit as good as the advertising hype made it out to be. :)

I really love this book, and as there are so many things in it I want to knit, I went ahead and signed up for this...


... even before the book had arrived from Amazon.com, after I finally gave in to temptation and ordered it.

So what will I choose to knit first from this book?

Well, the obvious choice for someone as arachnophobic as I am is one of the Spider's Web shawls...


... so I've gone ahead and bought enough of the wine coloured 'rubi + lana' 3-ply yarn to knit the full-sized hexagonal version -- and Lara has even given me the extra yarn she had left over from the Swallowtail Shawl she knit recently just in case I need it -- it's the skein of yarn at the bottom of the photograph, by the way. Thank you, Lara! :)

And this is what I'll be giving Lara in return when she gets back from Vietnam...


This is the yarn I had left over from knitting my mother's 'Flower Basket Shawl', and Lara will be doing me a huge favour by taking this yarn off my hands as the Barbie pink colour nearly drove me insane -- my backup plan if no-one else wanted it was going to be to dump it in the dye pot with some Landscapes 'Bloodwood' dye. ;)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home