Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cuteness!

I've been asked about my anime plushies, so here are a few more photos.

I really love "Kiki's Delivery Service", and one of my favourite characters is Kiki's black cat, Jiji...


You can't see it in the photo, but there's a little pull cord at the back and Jiji bounces around on the table when the cord is pulled.

I also have some 'InuYasha' plushies. From left to right, there is Kagome, InuYasha, Miroku, and Shippo...


The next photo is a random grouping of characters...


... Pingu (OK, so this one is Swiss claymation rather than Japanese anime ;), but he is cute, and he talks when you squeeze his tummy), Asuka from 'Neon Genesis Evangelion', and Clefairy, my favourite Pokémon -- it's pink, round, and has a thing for moonstones, just like me! ;)

In addition to the anime plushies, I have a small collection of Puffkins. From left to right, there is Gus (the moose), Tasha (the white tiger), Grizwald (the brown bear), Zack (the zebra), Moosletoe (the Christmas moose), and Toby (the killer whale).


These were all gifts from Michael, as he used to bring us all back a few each time he went over to the USA for training -- the only place I've ever seen any of them here in Australia was a little collectables shop on the edge of the Brisbane CBD, which I think is really odd as they're way cuter than Beanie Babies (to be honest, I've never understood why people go crazy over Beanie Babies), and you could find those just about everywhere.

And my lovely Gund bear 'Cabearnet' insisted on getting in on the act and posing for a photo too...


Of course, this entry would not be complete without a photo of Katherine in her Cat Bus costume...


... which won the Saturday Cosplay Competition runner up prize for Best Female Costume at the Animania Festival held here in Sydney a few weekends back. There's a photo of her on stage in her costume here. While you can't see it in the photos, Katherine had even rigged up the eyes of the mice so they glowed with illuminating red lights just like they do on the Cat Bus in the film ('My Neighbor Totoro').

When Katherine originally bought the material to make this costume, I thought she was being a bit ambitious attempting something like this, but it was amazing just how quickly and how well it all came together once she started work on it. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:58 am, October 12, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

I Love Jiji! I have the rat (Bou) and now I want the Cat. Studio Ghibli is my favourite Anime. Have you seen Pom Poko? Racoons with Balls and some.

 
At 12:36 pm, October 12, 2006, Blogger Ginger_nut said...

I have a beaver puffkin from when I lived in oregon "the beaver state" - I had no idea they were such collectable critters.

Love the cat-bus :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home